Wrinkles are the first signs of aging of our body, and they often distract us by being the first thing we notice every time we look at ourselves in the mirror. Even though they are related to our age and genetics, the sun also has damaging effects on our skin, so wrinkles are most usually found on the sun-exposed areas of our body, and that is why they are most noticeable on the face, especially around eyes and mouth, and also on the neck, hands and forearms. Other factors such as some pollutants, smoking or facial movements which are often repeated, may also contribute to wrinkling of your skin. Sometimes wrinkles are not so visible, but as they can be very deep, many people decide to perform wrinkle removal. Our top-notch medical experts will offer you the best treatment for your wrinkle issue and provide you with an individualized wrinkle removal plan.
Wrinkles occur as a result of combination of several factors, such as age, exposure to sunlight, smoking and repeated facial movements. As you can see, some of the factors can be controlled if you want your face and body to appear young for a longer time, but some of them, such as ageing, unfortunately can’t.
- Ageing is the primary cause of wrinkles, because the skin as all the other organs loses its elasticity over time. Furthermore, as production of natural fluids in the body decreases with ageing, the skin often gets dry and prone to wrinkling.
- Sun exposure is another crucial factor in wrinkling of the skin, as ultraviolet rays can damage and destroy elastin and collagen in deeper skin tissues, so the skin becomes inflexible and fragile.
- Repeated movements of face muscles such as smiling often lead to fine wrinkling of your face, and the fine lines in time become permanent facial features.
- Smoking is a factor you can influence, and prevent your skin from wrinkling as a result of reduced blood supply.
Fortunately, there are several methods for solving the issues with wrinkles nowadays, so you can reduce the signs of aging on your face or hands.
- Topical wrinkle creams which are usually over-the counter or prescribed by your doctor are used for fine wrinkles. Their effectiveness depends on their ingredients, but the results are mostly modest.
- Surgical wrinkle removal procedures are also used to make your skin look and feel smoother. Choosing the right technique is a very important decision, because every kind of treatment has its advantages and side effects. Most often used procedures are laser removal treatments, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, facelift, etc.
- Injection fillers – different types of dermal fillers and facial fillers are nowadays available, and they commonly include collagen, hyaluronic acid or biosynthetic polymers. They are used for temporary wrinkled skin smoothing, with the results lasting up to 6 months.
- Botox treatment is most often used for smoothing wrinkles on the forehead or between the eyebrows, as it tightens muscles and the skin. In order to be successful, the process needs to be repeated.
- Chemical peeling is a medical procedure during which a chemical solution is used on wrinkled areas in order to damage the affected skin in a controlled manner thus removing wrinkles. This procedure needs to be repeated several times in order to make the results visible.
The choice of the right treatment for your problem will depend on the position and depth of your wrinkles. If your wrinkles bother you, our team of medical specialists will help you make the right decision for wrinkle removal treatment.