Healthy diet – healthy life
Keep your body well hydrated
- Keep sipping water from time to time before you get thirsty (feeling thirsty means that your body is already dehydrated to some extent).
- Drink lots of fluids (around 8 glasses) per day and make water the major part of that.
- Avoid sugary soft and fizzy drinks which contain lots of added sugar.
Control your caloric intake and caloric expenditure in the following way
- If you want to maintain your body weight, you need to balance the number of calories that you eat with the number of calories that you burn
- If you want to lose weight, you need to consume less calories than you burn
- If you want to gain weight, you need to consume more calories than you burn
Loose body fat the healthy way
- Consume lots of green vegetables and some fruits every day.
- Keep your body well hydrated and consume 5-6 small well balanced meals instead of 2 or 3 large meals.
- Eat healthy fats from oily fish, olives, avocadoes, nuts, olive oil, canola oil and sunflower oil.
Reduce your salt intake
- Try to avoid adding salt to your food, since many foods have already salt in their own.
- If you are adding salt to your food try to minimize the quantity and only use iodized salt.